Monday, August 13, 2007

On the day you were born....

I've loved the book "On the Day You Were Born" by Debra Frasier from the very first moment I picked it up. The notion that all of creation--this masterful web to and through which we are all connected--celebrates the arrival of a single innocent, beautiful child felt and feels so true. So tomorrow I join with creation once again in remembering the moment six years ago when my dear daughter arrived to greet me cheek to cheek, eye to eye.

If given the opportunity to return to just two moments in my life, without hesitation I would go to that moment of bliss and wonder when each of my children were placed in my arms, lifted there by the most exceptional partner a person could want. We, and they, are blessed.

Thank you, God. Miracles abound, each and every moment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I held you and Heather in my arms! Now I rejoice with you all as Kyra's 6th birthday arrives, and her brother Lucas...part of God's divine plan for all...
love, a grateful father and grandfather

Sue said...

Oh, Amen, dear friend! What a beautiful way to word such a beautiful moment in your lives. I think that's one of the blessings of a child, that despite the difficulties of parenting and the days when you say, "I don't want this!", you can't help but just look at your child and see the beautiful miracle standing right in front of you. Happy Birthday, dear Kyra, and Happy Birthing Day to you, Mom! I hope you all have a day filled with beauty and joy.

Carmen San Diego said...

That is so sweet.

Amy said...

I read that to my son every day while I was pregnant with my daughter. When #2 was born, all of us together, the whole, ne family, read that book and welcomed our newest one into the family. I still can't get through the book without crying.