Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My life, primetime

As I was watching the Olympics last night, I began to contemplate what my life would look like if telecast much as these current winter games. What if all the highlights--the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat--were held for primetime, while the less watched events like laundry, dishwashing, work (curling--could someone explain that to me???) were relegated to some off-beat cable station we don't subscribe to anyway. Would I enjoy watching a life without traffic, waiting or boredom? I can do without commercials, but I would love the quick resolution aspect of it all--the sense that I could flip to a 24 hour news station or check www.cnn.com to learn the outcome if the suspense became too much. Some days I just want to know how it's all going to turn out.

In the meantime, from some off-beat cable station somewhere, here are a few glimpses into our ordinary, every day life.





I wouldn't miss these smiles for all the highlight clips in the world....

No comments: