Friday, February 10, 2006

What are the chances....

....that Matt and I would gain potential access to our dream jobs on the same day? I learned just this morning via email that prestigious university (which shall not be named) has chosen to conduct a phone interview with me for prestigious position (which shall not be named), after I had of course let go of any hope or dream that I would be contacted! I'm floating through the usual list of affirmations--I can do this job; it's an honor simply to be "nominated" (my Oscar imitation...); I don't care if I even make it past this cut; I have no outfit worthy of an on-campus interview anyway, so let's hope this is where it ends--that sort of thing. Anyway, as the process moves forward, I'll be certain to share more. Suffice it to say, were I to remain in the field of Higher Education, this is just the sort of position I would want.

And Matt's dream job? Well this one is a sure thing....for one week and $5 compensation. You guessed it--we're a Nielsen family! You can learn more about this exciting new venture by visiting Nielsen Media. With luck, they have found us in an Olympics stretch, one of the only times you will actually find the old-fashioned television turned on around this place. And the best part about it? They approached US! No resumes, no interviews, no nothing. Now that's the way it should always happen!

Happy weekend--we'll be shoveling our way through the New England winter that finally decided to arrive. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!! I can't wait to hear if you got it! Sometimes I wish I was a Nielsen viewer, but I have a feeling they are peeking in on my Tivo anyway, because that's how my paranoid, government-distrusting mind operates. ;)

Unknown said...

Oh and one more thing! I just checked Matt's profile and it appears that he not only likes Audioslave, but he is also a fan of the Wheel of Time series AND Stephen King!!

Give a hi-5 to my east-coast male counterpart out there, will ya? LOL

Kristen said...

Wow, you're a Neilsen family?? COOL! Oh, and congrats again on your interview - I can't wait to hear how it goes!